Are the people of North-East India friendly? If this question arises in your mind then you must watch this video. This is for everyone who has some misconceptions about the North-East India and the people over there.
In early 2015, I did a backpacking trip to explore the North-East India. Thanks to the Air India ticket sale due to which I got a ticket from Kolkata to Imphal in just Rupees 1,500. This trip gave me an opportunity to see the untouched beauty of the North-East and most importantly to meet the locals.
What did I do in North East
- I visited Imphal
- Went up to the border town of Moreh
- Did a day trip to Myanmar without a visa
- Trekked the Shirui peak in the district of Ukhrul
- Explored the ancient caves in Khangkhui village in Ukhrul
- Visited the land of Oranges – Tamenglong
- Struggled on some of the worst highways in India
- Was refused a stay by a Gurudwara in Silchar
- Stayed at a police station on the border of Bangladesh
- Did an exciting road trip from Karimganj to Agartala with the help of Police
- Criss-crossed entire Bangladesh to reach my office in time
I will share the information and videos which I took on this trip in the near future. So keep glued to this page.