Here are some of the common questions asked during Immigration interview –
- What is your name?
- How old are you? Age?
- Where are you going? Which country are you flying to?
- Who are you going with? Friends / Family or alone?
- If going alone, why?
- What is your marital status? Single or married?
- Questions about family members.
- Where do you stay in your home country?
- Where are you going to stay in the country you are visiting? Hotel/Hostel/Others!
- Do you have confirmed hotel/hostel bookings?
- Where do you work? Questions about the place you work
- What is the purpose of your visit? Going for work or holidays?
- How much money do you have?
- What will be the duration of travel?
- When are you coming back? Date of Return flight?
- Do you have relatives living outside your home country?
Every country has its own set of immigration rules. Therefore the questions mentioned above vary from country to country. Check with your travel agency, visa issuing office to know more about the country you are visiting. You can also ask your query at this forum – facebook.com/groups/touristhelpline
Before leaving the Immigration counter
Before leaving the immigration counter, ensure that your passports are duly stamped. As mentioned above immigration check is done twice, at time of arrival as well as departure.