For a country that is only a little bigger than Italy, Vietnam has a great geographic and cultural diversity. It has a tropical climate with four changing seasons throughout the year. With mountains in the north to a coastline stretching 3,200 kilometres, the country has a lot to offer. Check out the ‘Vietnam travel guide’ to know more about this intriguing South-east Asian country!
Vietnam Visa for Indians
Vietnam E-visa for Indians
Vietnam offers the facility of Electronic visa to citizens of selected countries. India is one of them. So all the Indians holding a valid Indian passport are eligible for an e-visa for Vietnam. The validity of Vietnam’s E-visa is 30 days, Single Entry. The E-visa holders can enter and exit only from these ports in Vietnam.
Official website to get Vietnam’s E-visa
The Vietnamese Immigration Department issues the E-visa to the foreigners. This is the official website to apply for the E-visa. https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt
How to get Vietnam’s E-visa
- Click this link (official link for Vietnam’s E-visa) to start the online visa application process.
- Fill the application form and upload all the documents. After this, a registration code will be sent to you.
- Pay the e-visa fees (25 USD). The application is processed within 3 working days. Payments can be made by using the online banking system.
- Enter registration code, registered email and Date of Birth to check the result in e-visa search menu (https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.
gov.vn/tra-cuu-thi-thuc). If approved, print the e-visa to enter or exit Vietnam.
Documents required for Vietnam’s E-visa
- Photograph (Portrait)
- Copy of Passport
Vietnam E-visa fee
The fee for Vietnam’s E-Visa is 25 USD. This is equivalent to 1600 Indian Rupees (Approx.).
For any query on E-visa, please visit the E-Visa support of Vietnam
How to reach Vietnam from India?
Airports in Vietnam
There are a total of 21 major civil airports in the country, including three international gateways:
- Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi
- Da Nang International Airport in Da Nang
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City
Tan Son Nhat is the nation’s largest airport, handling 75% of international passenger traffic.
Budget hotels in Vietnam
Vietnam Embassy & Consulate
Embassy of Vietnam in New Delhi, India
- Vietnam embassy Address: 17, Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021
- Vietnam embassy contact number: 011 2687 9852
- Vietnam embassy working hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM
Consulate of Vietnam in Bombay, India
- Address: Unit 805, 8th Floor, Powai Plaza, Hiranandani Gardens, Central Avenue, Powai, Mumbai – 400076
- Phone: +91 22 2570 2033
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other valuable tips
Etiquette and customs in Vietnam
- Pass items with both hands.
- Always use your hand while pointing at things.
- Avoid standing with your hands on your hips.
- Avoid passing anything over someone’s head.
- Shorts should only be worn at the beach.
Best time to visit Vietnam
The best season to visit Vietnam is between February to April and between August to October. The temperatures are moderate and rainfall is lighter. In spring, March and April have the lowest rainfall across all destinations and temperatures are pleasant, though still cool in the far north.
The official currency of Vietnam is Vietnamese Dong (VND). 1 Indian Rupees equals 357 Vietnamese Dong. Thus travelling to Vietnam is quite economical for Indian tourists.
India-Vietnam Time difference
Vietnam is 1.5 hours (1 hour and 30 minutes) ahead of India. For example, if it is 2:30 PM in India, it will be 4:00 PM in Vietnam.