Now Indian citizens can visit Kazakhstan without visa. All you need to do is catch an Air Astana flight from India to a third country. From 23 April to 31 December 2019 (inclusive), Indian passport holders flying with Air Astana and transiting via international airports in Astana and Almaty to a third country or returning from a third country can enjoy a 72-hour transit visa-free regime.
Documents required for visa-free entry in Kazakhstan
You have to produce these documents at Almaty or Astana international Airports to get the visa-free entry in Kazakhstan:
- Air Astana’s boarding pass or Air ticket to a third country where you are planning to go within 72 hours
- Air Astana’s boarding pass of the previous flight
- Valid Indian passport with at least one blank page in it
- A valid visa for the final destination country (if the country requires a visa)
- Hotel bookings in Kazakhstan before boarding the flight from India
Air Astana official link - Enjoy 72-hour Visa-Free Regime in Kazakhstan
Get confirmed hotel bookings in Almaty or Astana through this tool
People who stay beyond 72 hours will be fined and deported.
Delhi to Almaty: Air Astana (Aug 2018)
My experience with Air Astana in 2017
Click here for the official announcement by Air Astana