While trekking in Cappadocia and exploring the world famous rock formations and fairy chimneys of Turkey, I met a lot of travellers from around the world. In this video, you will see me meeting a solo female traveller who shared her experience of volunteering. Watch this video to know how you can travel the world without spending a penny by just volunteering your skills.
Skills you can volunteer
Eva, the girl in the video, taught English in Cambodia. I met another female traveller from Brazil who offered her accountancy skills to a hostel in Egypt. Another Russian girl volunteered for farming in Georgia. An Australian backpacker whom I hosted a few years back in Delhi worked at a farm. The list is endless. So you just need to learn some skills and like them, you can also get a place to stay and food for free.
Websites for volunteering
There are many platforms on the internet which help volunteers finding their potential host. Eva used Workaway. Many others I met used this website to find jobs suitable for them. The Australian guy whom I referred above used Wwoof which is about organic farming. There are many others like them for eg. AupairWorld and HelpX.
My other travel series
- THAILAND videos – http://bit.ly/MTthailand2017
- EUROPE videos – http://bit.ly/MTeurope2016
- BANGLADESH videos – http://bit.ly/MTbangladesh2015
- SPITI (India) videos – http://bit.ly/MTspiti2017
- MALAYSIA videos – http://bit.ly/MTmalaysia2017
- RUSSIA videos – http://bit.ly/MTrussia2017
- BALI videos – http://bit.ly/MTbali2017
- MIZORAM (India) videos – http://bit.ly/MTmizoram2017
- EGYPT videos: http://bit.ly/MTegypt2018
- USA videos: http://bit.ly/MTusa2018
- Mauritius videos: http://bit.ly/MTmauri2018
- Kazakhstan, Turkey & Georgia Video: http://bit.ly/MTktg2018
- Italy videos: http://bit.ly/MTitaly2018