I did a trip to Bali in November 2017. My 5-day long trip started from Delhi. Unlike my previous trips, this was not a solo trip. Also, this was a well planned and organised trip. Thanks to Indonesia tourism authority for inviting me. Besides this write-up, I have shared a lot of information in videos. It is available on my YouTube channel – MountainTrekker. Here is the link to the playlist of all the Bali videos – https://goo.gl/HcnvQH. I have also shared few crucial details in Bali travel guide, which is a must-read for someone planning to visit Bali.
My Bali itinerary for 5 days
This is how I travelled Bali for 5 days.
- Day 1 – Delhi to Bali via Kuala Lumpur
- Day 2 – Local sightseeing in Bali – Ubud and Tanah Lot
- Day 3 – A day trip to Nusa Penida – Watersports/Snorkelling trip
- Day 4 – Balinese Massage and Spa, GWK centre for World’s tallest statue (upcoming) & Uluwatu for Kecak dance
- Day 5 – Kuta beach, Mobile sim in Bali, bike taxis & return journey from Bali to Kolkata via Bangkok
Where did I stay in Bali
I stayed at Anvaya Beach Resort which is one of the best-rated properties by the guests. It is located in Kuta and has a private beach. For those looking for Indian food, here is a good news. I was told by the resort officials that they have got an Indian chef. Being a vegetarian, I enjoyed the Indian dishes like Masala Dosa, Poha, Parantha, Chutney, etc. in the breakfast. As on 31 December 2017, it was rated 9 out of 10 on Booking.com. The stay was arranged by the Indonesian Tourism authority. The room tariffs depend on the type of room you book. I stayed in the Deluxe room which was available for 7,000 INR (approx) on different online portals. Their ‘villa with a private pool’ costs about 98,000 INR for one day.
Planning a trip to Bali: Check Bali Travel Guide based on my experience