Now Indian citizens can visit Kazakhstan without visa. All you need to do is catch an Air Astana flight from India to a third country. From 23 April to 31 December 2018 (inclusive), Indian passport holders flying with Air Astana and transiting via international airports in Astana and Almaty to a third country or returning from a third country can enjoy a 72-hour transit visa-free regime.
Documents required for visa-free entry in Kazakhstan
You have to produce these documents at Almaty or Astana international Airports to get the visa-free entry in Kazakhstan:
- Air Astana’s boarding pass or Air ticket to a third country where you are planning to go within 72 hours
- Air Astana’s boarding pass of the previous flight
- Valid Indian passport with at least one blank page in it
- A valid visa for the final destination country (if the country requires a visa)
- Hotel bookings in Kazakhstan before boarding the flight from India
Get confirmed hotel bookings in Almaty or Astana through this tool
People who stay beyond 72 hours will be fined and deported.
My experience with Air Astana
Click here for the official announcement by Air Astana